Updated May 2018
About us and your information
D. Atkinson, Herbalist trading as The Edinburgh Herbal Dispensary Ltd, is committed to making sure our site is completely secure for you to use and takes great care to protect your information. In some instances, we may introduce you to our subsidiaries including Napiers Edinburgh Clinic, Napiers Glasgow and other Napiers clinics or herbal medicine practitioners (collectively referred to as "our partners").
This website provides links to other websites belonging to other organisations, which we provide for your information. We cannot take responsibility for these websites and recommend that you read the Privacy statement for every website that you visit.
What information do we hold on you?
Your details are collected by us when you request a product, service, offers or news from us via our website, emails, telephone conversations, and written and verbal communication. The information that you provide us with may be supplemented with other information that we obtain from our dealings with you or which we receive from other parts of The Edinburgh Herbal Dispensary group.
What do we do with the information?
Personal information gathered in the normal course of business is primarily used by us to provide the products, services, offers or news you have requested and also for administration purposes, specifically:
- to confirm identification when you contact us
- to track activity on our website
- to keep you informed of any special offers or promotions that we believe might be of particular interest to you
- to improve and monitor our customer service to you
- to communicate with you in the event that any products or services you have requested are unavailable
- for market research
- for statistical analysis, including automated techniques
- for credit assessment
- to review the conduct of and to administer/operate your accounts
- for record-keeping purposes
- to prevent crime and fraud.
We may contact you by post, email, telephone or fax for these purposes.
Disclosure of your information to service providers
Cookies are small text files which are stored on your computer, mobile phone or device. These may be placed on your device when you visit a website or open a marketing email. Cookies are used for a variety of reasons, such as to remember your preferences when you visit our site, tailor your visit, monitor traffic to enable us to improve our site, or to ensure we remember the contents of your shopping basket when you next visit our site.
In order for you to easily link to third parties you may be subscribed to, we also set third party cookies. These cookies are not controlled by us and we do not control how your information may be used by these third parties, so please visit their websites for more information on these cookies. Cookies may also be set by our partners when they direct you to our site to buy a product. These cookies allow us to pay our partners a referral fee based on the nature of any purchase you make.
What if you do not wish to receive details of offers from us?
You can opt-out at any time from emails from us by clicking the relevant link on the email, form or screen, by emailing email@example.com
Changing your personal information
If you believe that your details are incorrect or if you wish to remove your details from our database then please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by ringing us on 0131 225 5542.
How do we protect your information?
We implement appropriate technical and organisational security measures to protect your information and keep it confidential, including SSL technology, encryption and firewalls.
You are in control
- You can change your mind about the consent you have given us for our marketing activities at any time.
- You can ask us to stop using your information for any of the purposes listed above at any time.
- You can request to see the information we hold about you at any time and ask us to correct, delete or restrict it. Please note, there may be a small charge to cover administrative costs if you make multiple requests.
- You also have the right to ask us to move, copy or transfer the information we hold about you from our own IT environment to another of your choosing, in a safe and secure way.