OUR JANUARY ESSENTIAL OILS AND TEA
A very Happy New year to you all! January is here and there's no better time to pep yourself up with some nourishing and soothing essential oils. We're focusing on two this month, Grapefruit and Fennel, and giving you some great discounts when you buy instore.
Grapefruit Essentail Oil - 10ml was £6.35 now £5.08
Grapefruit White Essential oil is great for the following:
- Helpful for depression and anxiety and relieves stress
- Increases appetite
- Rich in antioxidents
- Good for treating acne and oily skin
- Boosts immune system and stimulates the brain
- Helps to reduce blood pressure
- Beneficial in treating stiffness and cramps
- Helps reduce mental and physical fatigue
- Cleansing action on skin
Grapefruit essential oil blends very well with Bergamot, Frankincense, Geranium, Lavender and Palmarosa oil.
Here are some great ideas for using Grapefruit essential oil:
To make an invigorating body scrub mix together 1/2 a cup of coconut oil, 1/2 a cup of brown sugar, 10 drops of peppermint essential oil and 25 drops of grapefruit essential oil. Store in an airtight glass container.
For a wonderful diffuser blend to help encourage Spring into your home, blend 1 drop of Geranium essential oil, 2 drops of Lemon essential oil and 1 drop of Grapefruit essential oil.
For a romantic bath blend mix 10 drops each of Ylang Ylang and Geranium essential oils along with 15 drops of Grapefruit essential oil into 2 cups of Epsom salts. Pour under running hot water and dissolve salt completely before bathing. Make sure you have a luxurious soak for at least 15-30 minutes!
Fennel Essential Oil - 10ml was £5.65 now £4.52
Fennel Essential oil might not be the best known of oils but it has several important uses:
- A great Antiseptic
- Effective diuretic
- Helps with period problems and pain
- *Boosts oestrogen and can play an important role in increasing the amount of milk produced by lactating mothers. The milk also inherits some of the carminative and digestive properties of fennel oil and can protect the baby from flatulence, idigestion and gas, which are very common in infants.
- Helpful in killing intestinal worms
- A good laxitive and benefits constipation without side effects
- An effective expectorant and particularly helpful with chronic coughs
- Can be used to treat insect bites
Fennel essential oil blends well with Sandalwood, Lavender, Geranium and Rose oils.
What better time than now to look after your skin and give it a helping hand to get through the rest of Winter. Our Skin Tea combines European and Chinese herbs, which are well known for their blood purifying properties, in order to encourage the elimination of toxins, leading to a clear complexion and good skin health.
* Important note: An organic component called Trans Anethole, present in fennel essential oil, boosts the production of oestrogen. Although this is beneficial for lactating mothers, it is harmful for preganant women and women with breast cancer or uterine cancer or tumours, since oestrogen is the main cause of such cancers. In heavy doses, it may have narcotic effects and can result in convulsions, hallucinations and mental imbalance. People suffering from epilepsy or with a history of that condition should avoid using fennel essential oil.